Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Album

The first album is quite an old one. A lot of the pictures here are dated around 1968. Lots of Mom with Uncle Les, Uncle Richard and Uncle Ken and Grandma and Grandpa.



As obvious and silly as it sounds, sometimes you don't think of the "adults" in your life as people. Somehow they're more than that when you are a kid and its hard to forget that thought as you grow older. Looking at these images I realize that Mom and Dad and everyone else was a kid, exactly like I was, was a teenager, exactly like I was. While the exact experiences were different, there's enough similarity to relate.




Its easy to forget that we were all young once. That we all had experiences that created the person we are today, for better or worse. Actually, its quite empowering, the realization of "sameness." Looking at this picture for instance, I can't help but relate to the "children" picture being a teenager. I'm sure as I go through some of the pictures of me as a teenager I'll see the "children" picture and may get find some more "sameness."

2 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to following your blog, Jim. Sounds like you're really into this and that you'll do a great job.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad! Don't forget to check out my Flickr stream where I'll be posting all the pictures to share. There should be a link on the right side of this blog.

    ReplyDelete