For the photos, I think that I've decided to use my Pentax K-20D on a tripod. I looked at and researched scanners, particularly specialized slide scanners, but for capturing photos, my camera seemed to make the most sense. I get immediate feed back on my display and I get high quality raw images that I can process in Aperture (www.apple.ca/aperture). I also love that I don't have to buy anything else. I've been had too many gadgets and things taken from me recently so I'm not too keen an buying more "things."

My setup is in the living room, trying to use as much natural light as possible. Given that it is coming into the rainy season here in Chilliwack, the natural light may be at a premium shortly. I may experiment using some external light sources as well, though I can't use a flash. Too much glare on these glossy photos.
Slides will be interesting to capture. I've found a few articles on using a camera to capture slides using an external flash. I think I will try that when I get to capturing the slides. For now, I'm going to start capturing these photos in rough time order, starting with the oldest ones I can find.
No comments:
Post a Comment