Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finding the memories

Its been something that I've wanted to start doing for a long time. I recently travelled back home to Fort St. John for Thanksgiving instead of my usual holiday, Christmas. Christmas is usually so busy, so Thanksgiving gave me the opportunity to begin the process of helping Dad clean up the basement as well as giving me the opportunity to begin to digitize Mom and Dad's old photos and slides.



Not only did I get to start cleaning the basement, I came home with 4 banker boxes of photos and memories. There are albums that Mom had made up (I think based on the handwriting on the pages) that are before my time, lots of baby pictures of both Sheri and I, slides from Dad (appartently the construction of the WAC Bennet Dam) and I'm sure a ton of memories of things that I haven't thought of in a very long time. This should be an interesting process that I plan on documenting and capturing here.

The first step in the process was finding all of the albums and slides. I've roughly sorted them into ages, pre-me, with-me, and post-Mom. Now I need to figure out how best to capture them. Some of these are albums, with writing and commentary on the pages, some are slides, all varying sizes and conditions. I need flexibility. Next step will be figuring how to digitize.

No comments:

Post a Comment